CORONAVIRUS NOTICE - WE ARE OPEN
We are pleased to announce that we are currently able to provide all routine dental treatments and we would like to reassure our patients that we follow the highest level of infection control and all the guidlines set out by our governing bodies.
All dental practices in the UK still have limitations in their capacity to carry out aeosol generating procedures (AGP) which include Hygiene (using ultra-sonic-scaler), routine fillings and crown & bridge treatments.
This is because current guidelines stipulate that we must leave the treatment room vacant for a fixed amount time (Fallow time) before we re-enter and deep clean the room, and then treat the next patient. We also have to wear level 3 personal protective equipment (highest level of protection) for these procedures. This is to protect ourselves and our patients.
Currently the fallow time for our practice is about 20 minutes, depending on the type of treatment we carry out. This guideline as well as all of the standard operating procedures we have to follow, are constantly reviewed and updated, and we will of course update this page accordingly.
What to expect when attending an appointment
There are a few changes to the practice and the way we can operate. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. Your safety is our top priority!
• We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
• To help us to achieve this please do not come to the practice without an appointment.
Please call us or e-mail us to make an appointment.
• We will contact you via phone 2 days before your appointment to ask some screening questions about your general health and Covid-19 status. You will be asked those same questions again at your appointment. The information you give us will be completely confidential and is very important to help us risk assess how safe it is to see you. Unfortunately, we will not be able to see you if the screening has not completed prior to your appointment.
• If you are unwell for any reason it is better not to come to the practice. Please call us as soon as possible to rearrange your appointment. If you suspect that you have symptoms of Covid- 19 please stay at home and follow NHS guidelines.
• With the exception of children under 18 and patients with carers, patients should come alone.
• Please brush your teeth at home before your appointment, as we would prefer that you do not use our washroom facility to brush your teeth for the foreseeable future.
• Please remember to bring your paperwork if you have been asked to bring any, such as medical history forms or list of prescription medications.
• When you arrive at the practice, please wait outside in your car. We will call you on your mobile when we are ready to see you. If you arrive by foot, taxi or bike please be ready to sit outside where we will have outdoor seating available. On bad weather days we will operate a socially distanced waiting room.
• Please try to avoid bringing any unnecessary coats and bags into the practice with you.
• We have alcohol -based hand sanitisers in reception that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice and before you leave.
• Parents/guardians of children and carers accompanying patients should please come wearing a mask or be prepared to wear one.
• Unfortunately, we currently do not offer magazines, children’s toys or access to a water cooler, since these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• We will all be wearing different levels of PPE, depending on the treatment we are providing. but will always be wearing masks as we will be closer than 2 m from you.
• When your treatment is complete you will be asked to use the hand sanitiser again.
• There will be additional expenses related PPE and extended appointments times for AGP treatments. Currently this charge is £22 for every AGP treatment.
Your up to date treatment plan will detail these costs.
Please see below a photo of us in our enhanced PPE that we will be wearing when you arrive for your AGP treatments.
Many thanks for working with us in managing dentistry as safe as possible in these very tricky times!
MAKING AN APPOINTMENT
Tel: 01344 844507 please do leave a message if we do not answer immediately and we will return your call as soon as possible.
Alternatively, please complete our online form.
New patients welcomed at our dental practice in Virginia Water, Surrey
Very calm and relaxing atmosphere. At my previous dentist I was always worried about going. At this practice I feel completely comfortable.