Glebe House Dental Care Complaints handling policy
Code of practice for complaints
In this practice, we take complaints very seriously to ensure that our service meets expectations. All complaints are dealt with courteously and promptly to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.
Our aim is to react to complaints and learn from every mistake that we make. We respond to any concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
1. The person responsible for dealing with any complaints about the service that we provide are the dentists Chris van Gelderen and Liezel Oberholzer.
2. If we receive a complaint by telephone or in person, we will listen and offer to refer the individual to their dentist immediately. If the dentist is not available at the time, we arrange a convenient time for them to talk to the dentist and arrangements will be made for this to happen as soon as possible. The member of staff receiving the complaint will record details of the issue and pass it to the dentist.
3. If we receive a complaint in writing or by e-mail, it will be passed immediately to the dentist.
4. We will acknowledge a complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within three working days. We will offer to discuss the complaint with the individual, and confirm how they would like to be kept informed of developments – by telephone, letters or e-mail or by face-to-face meetings. We will inform the individual about how the complaint will be handled and the likely time that the investigation will take to complete. If the individual does not wish to discuss the complaint further, we will still inform them of the expected timescale for completing the investigation.
5. We will seek to investigate the complaint within 10 working days and, as far as reasonably practicable, we will keep the individual informed as to the progress of the investigation. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
6. When we have completed our investigation, we will provide the individual with a full written report, which will include an explanation of how we considered the complaint, the conclusions reached in respect of each specific part of the complaint, details of any necessary remedial action taken and whether further action will be taken.
7. Proper and comprehensive records will be kept of any complaints received and the action we take. These records will be reviewed regularly to ensure that we take every opportunity to improve our service
8. If the individual making the complaint is not satisfied with the result of our investigation, we will advise them to refer the complaint to:
For complaints about private treatment:
Dental Complaints Service, Stephenson House, 2 Cherry Orchard Road, Croydon
CR0 6BA (08456 120 540) e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, W1M 8DQ
Reviewed : November 2017